Re: Possible bug with rbd export/import?

Jason Dillaman wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 11:17 AM Matt Dunavant
> <mdunavant(a)convokesystems.com&gt; wrote:
> >
> >  I'm not sure of the last known good release of the rbd CLI where this worked. I just
> > ran the sha1sum against the images and they always come up as different. Might be worth
> > knowing, this is a volume that's provisioned at 512GB (with much less actually used)
> > but after export, it only shows up as about 56GB.
> The resulting image from the "rbd import" only shows up as 56GiB?

Yeah, it's super odd. The actual content in the 512GB rbd image is probably about 50ish GB but the command isn't killing itself early or throwing any errors. I believe when I run the export to a middleman and then import, the image shows up as the correct size. I'll test that in a bit.