Re: Hardware feedback before purchasing for a PoC

Ignacio;

Personally, I like to use hardware for a proof of concept that I can roll over into the final system, or repurpose if the project is denied.

As such, I would recommend these:

Supermicro 5019A-12TN4 Barebones<https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5019/SYS-5019A-12TN4.cfm>

I built our PoC around three of them (2 x 12TB Seagate Ironwolf drives, plus 1x 256 GB Intel M.2 SSDs), then they got turned into MONs for the production cluster.  The production cluster ended up with larger M.2s, and smaller spinners, as I was concerned about recovery time for 24 - 36TB per node, with only 4 x 1Gb network.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA

Director - Information Technology