Re: Disabling Telemetry

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020, m@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is there another way to disable telemetry then using:
>
> > ceph telemetry off
> > Error EIO: Module 'telemetry' has experienced an error and cannot handle commands: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'UUID' objects
>
> I'm attempting to get all my clusters out of a constant HEALTH_ERR state
> caused by either the above error or the telemetry endpoint being down.

Restart the mgr daemon and the problem will go away (until the next time
the telemetry server is unavailable).  The endpoint went down because we
were updating the backend VM; hopefully it won't happen again!

Unfortunately the fix to avoid these errors[1] didn't merge in time for
the latest nautilus (14.2.8), but it will be in the next point release.

sage

[1] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/33141