Re: Ceph Performance of Micron 5210 SATA?

Hi,

Sure, I will try the fio as requested by Marc Roos. I will be onsite again monday/tuesday. If you have a good way to test/show what you describe below, don't hesitate to post it here.

I'll try it when I have the time.

Are you saying that the write performance becomes bad (90MB/sec) for long lasting *continuous* writing? (after filling up a write buffer or such)

But given time to empty that buffer again, it should again write with the normal higher speed?

So in applications with enough variation between reading and writing, they could still perform good enough?

MJ