Re: Need clarification on CephFS, EC Pools, and File Layouts

Hi Patrick,

many thanks for clarifying this - very useful :)

I'm sure a whole lot of people would love to retrospectively move the
default from an EC to replicated pool, so +1 from us too.

Our cluster uses a 4PB 8:2 EC pool for cephfs data, and a 900GB
replicated NVME pool for metadata. Presumably all writes put a footprint
on the EC pool?

thanks again,

Jake

--