Re: Frequest LARGE_OMAP_OBJECTS in cephfs metadata pool

Thanks Patrick,

is this the bug you are referring to https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/42515 ?

We also see performance issues mainly on metadata operations like finding file stats operations , however mds perf dump shows no sign of any latencies . could this bug cause any performance issues ? here is the perf dump metrics .

https://pastebin.com/178anAe1

do you see any clue in this that could cause slow down in such operations ?  our metadara pool has around 1.7 GB of data I gave mds cache 3 GB , I am not sure where to check how much used in the 3 GB or what is hit and miss count/ration in cache .
We have huge cluster , there is definitely not enough IO that could saturate actual disk capacity so it is definitely MDS , not sure what to check here  to pin point the issues.

Could you point me where I can start to go deep in troubleshooting this ?

Thanks,
Uday.