Re: osd_pg_create causing slow requests in Nautilus

On 2/19/20 9:34 AM, Paul Emmerich wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:26 AM Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> On 2/18/20 6:54 PM, Paul Emmerich wrote:
>>> I've also seen this problem on Nautilus with no obvious reason for the
>>> slowness once.
>>
>> Did this resolve itself? Or did you remove the pool?
>
> I've seen this twice on the same cluster, it fixed itself the first
> time (maybe with some OSD restarts?) and the other time I removed the
> pool after a few minutes because the OSDs were running into heartbeat
> timeouts. There unfortunately seems to be no way to reproduce this :(

Yes, that's the problem. I've been trying to reproduce it, but I can't.
It works on all my Nautilus systems except for this one.

As you saw it, Bryan saw it, I expect others to encounter this at some
point as well.

I don't have any extensive logging as this cluster is in production and
I can't simply crank up the logging and try again.