PR #26095 experience (backported/cherry-picked to Nauilus)

We have been using RadosGW with Keystone integration for a couple of
years, to allow users of our OpenStack-based IaaS to create their own
credentials for our object store.  This has caused us a fair amount of
performance headaches.

Last year, Jjames Weaver (BBC) has contributed a patch (PR #26095) that
changes the handling of S3 authentication when Keystone is used as a
backend for credentials.  It was merged to master in March 2019.  We run
Nautilus on our production clusters, which doesn't include the patch.  A
few weeks ago, we decided to cherry-pick PR #26095 on top of Nautilus
(12.4.5/6/7) and deploy that in production.

So far we haven't noticed any issues.  Load on our Keystone system has
decreased significantly, response times for small requests are now
consistently low, and we don't have to re-provision S3 credentials
locally anymore to fix performance emergencies.  Thanks a lot!

Blog post with a few performance graphs:

https://cloudblog.switch.ch/2020/02/10/radosgw-keystone-integration-performance-issues-finally-solved/
--
Simon.