Re: Different memory usage on OSD nodes after update to Nautilus

Thanks for your feedback

The Ganglia graphs are available here:

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/0xBDVwNkRqcoGdF

Replying to the other questions:

- Free Memory in ganglia is derived from "MemFree" in /proc/meminfo
- Memory Buffers in ganglia is derived from "Buffers" in /proc/meminfo
- On this host, the OSDs are 6TB. On other hosts we have 10TB OSDs
- "osd memory target" is set to ~ 4.5 GB (actually, while debugging this
issue, I have just lowered the value to 3.2 GB)
- "ceph tell osd.x heap stats" basically always reports 0 (or a very low
value) for "Bytes in page heap freelist" and a heap release doesn't change
the memory usage
- I can agree that swap is antiquated. But so far it was simply not used
and didn't cause any problems. At any rate I am now going to remove the
swap (or setting the swappiness to 0).

Thanks again !

Cheers, Massimo