CephsFS client hangs if one of mount-used MDS goes offline

Hello community,

We have very small ceph cluster of just 12 OSDs (1 per small server), 3 MDS (one active) and 1 cephFS client.

CephFS client is running Centos7, kernel 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64.

We created 3 MDS servers for redundancy and we mount our filesystem by connecting to 3 of them. But what we have noticed, is that if we power off first one in the list in mount option - then everything freezes on a client and in most cases we have to bring MDS back and do force-reset on a client.

What are we doing wrong? Shouldn't client automatically switch to any other MDS server in a microsecond and keep running? And why it affects only first one? - We tried powering off second or third MDS host and that had no effect on a client-side.

Should we have local MDS on the client and just connect to it? Or should there be some other logic or setting? - to be honest, we have used ceph-deploy tool and haven't did much of configuration..

Thank you for understanding and help. :)

Anton Aleksandrov.