Re: Objects not removed (completely) when removing a rbd image

Hi,

since we upgraded to Luminous we have had an issue with snapshot
deletion that could be related: when a largish (a few TB) snapshot gets
deleted we see a spike in the load of the OSD daemon followed by a brief
flap of the daemons themselves.
It seems that while the snapshot would have been deleted according to
rbd the trimming process would just stop because of the flapping,
leaving  the PGs in an inconsistent state. Such inconsistency would be
later detected during the scrub process in the case of a snapshot but I
wonder if something similar happens during the deletion process it would
be undetected by the mons/mgr.

We fixed the issue changing "osd_snap_trim_sleep" from "0" to "2.0" but
I am still pondering whether "osd_delete_sleep" should be changed as
well and the issue you are reporting could be an indication of that.

Best
Mattia

On 1/15/20 10:16 AM, 徐蕴 wrote:
> No every volume. It seems that volumes with high capacity have higher probability to trigger this problem.
>
>> 2020年1月15日 下午4:28,Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> 写道:
>>
>> Then it's probably something different. Does that happen with every volume/image or just this one time?
>>

>> Zitat von 徐蕴 <yunxu@xxxxxx>:
>>
>>> Hi Eugen,
>>>
>>> Thank you for sharing your experience. I will dig into OpenStack cinder logs to check if something happened. The strange thing is the volume I deleted is not created from a snapshot, or doesn’t have any snapshot. And the rbd_id.xxx, rbd_header.xxx and rbd_object_map.xxx were deleted, just left out a lot of rbd_data objects. I plan to delete those objects manually.
>>>
>>> br,
>>> Xu Yun

Mattia Belluco
S3IT Services and Support for Science IT
Office Y11 F 52
University of Zürich
Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH-8057 Zürich (Switzerland)
Tel: +41 44 635 42 22