Architecture - Recommendations

Hello Everyone,

We have a pre-prod Ceph cluster and working towards a production cluster deployment. I have the following queries and request all your expert tips,

1. Network architecture - We are looking for a private and public network, plan is to have L2 at both the networks. I understand that Object / S3 needs L3 for tenants / users to access outside the network / overlay. What would be your recommendations to avoid any network related latencies, like should we have a tiered network ? We are intending to go with the standard Spine leaf model, with dedicated TOR for Storage and dedicated leafs for Clients/ Hypervisors / Compute nodes.

2. Node Design - We are planning to host nodes with mixed set of drives like NVMe, SSD and NL-SAS all in one node in a specific ratio. This is only to avoid any choking of CPU due to the high performance nodes. Please suggest your opinion.

3, S3 Traffic - What is the secured way to provide object storage in a multi tenant environment since LB/ RGW-HA'd, is going to be in an underlay that cant be exposed to clients/ users in the tenant network. Is there a way to add an external IP as VIP to LB/RGW that could be commonly used by all tenants ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Radha Krishnan S

TCS Enterprise Cloud Practice
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- +1 848 466 4870
Mailto: radhakrishnan2.s@xxxxxxx
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting

and any attachments. Thank you