Re: Restarting firewall causes slow requests

Hi,

> Restarting the firewall (systemctl restart firewalld) on an OSD node
> causes slow requests. Is this expected behavior?
>
> Cluster is running Ceph 12.2.

Depending on your kernel version this may be relevant:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg55682.html

(linked from
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1059781/ufw-allows-22-for-ipv4-and-ipv6-but-ssh-disconnects-when-enabling)

Our environments are using Ubuntu Bionic with a 5.0 kernel and we are
still encountering this issue, variously with winbind and ssh.  Although
the email thread discusses ssh I understand the issue is relevant to any
TCP connection.

James
Zynstra is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 07864369). Our registered office and Headquarters are at The Innovation Centre, Broad Quay, Bath, BA1 1UD. This email, its contents and any attachments are confidential. If you have received this message in error please delete it from your system and advise the sender immediately.