Sum of bucket sizes dont match up to the cluster occupancy

Hi,

We have a situation where the sum of the bucket sizes as observed from the bucket stats command is way less than the actual cluster usage.

Sum of bucket sizes = 11TB

Replication size = 2

Total expected cluster occupancy = 22TB

Actual cluster occupancy = 100TB

Any pointers on debugging this?

What we have checked:

  1. We don’t have a whole lot of small object which would take up more space on the host due to a min_alloc size for HDD defaulting to 64KB
  2. Tried to list orphan objects but this seems to take for ever

Questions:

  1. Is there a way to manually identify stale objects in the data pool, so that these could be subsequently deleted directly from the pool level?
  2. I guess the bucket index stores only the reference to the head object? How to find the associated tail objects for this head object?

Thanks,

Ronnie

This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. NOTE that all incoming emails sent to Qualys email accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional emails (“spam”). If you have any concerns about this process, please contact us.