ceph-deploy can't generate the client.admin keyring

Hi,

We’re currently running Ceph mimic in production and that works fine. However, I am currently deploying another Ceph mimic setup for testing purposes and ceph-deploy is running into issues I’ve never seen before.
Essentially, the initial monitor setup starts the service, but the process gets interrupted at

sudo /usr/bin/ceph --connect-timeout=25 --cluster=ceph --name mon. --keyring=/var/lib/ceph/mon/ceph-ceph-monitor1/keyring auth get client.admin

with the client.admin keyring generation timing out. I can however issue commands manually using ceph-authtool to create an admin keyring and it works flawlessly.

ceph monitor logs don’t show any error and I am able to reach the monitor’s port by telnet. What could be causing this timeout?

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack
PlanetHoster inc.