From: Philip Brown [mailto:pbrown@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 December 2019 22:55
To: ceph-users
Subject:  Separate disk sets for high IO?

Still relatively new to ceph, but have been tinkering for a few weeks
now.

If I'm reading the various docs correctly, then any RBD in a particular
ceph cluster, will be distributed across ALL OSDs, ALL the time.
There is no way to designate a particular set of disks, AKA OSDs, to be
a high performance group, and allocate certain RBDs to only use that set
of disks.
Pools, only control things like the replication count, and number of
placement groups.

I'd have to set up a whole new ceph cluster for the type of behavior I
want.

Am I correct?

--
Philip Brown| Sr. Linux System Administrator | Medata, Inc.
5 Peters Canyon Rd Suite 250