From: Stefan Kooman <stefan@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 11 December 2019 3:05 PM
To: David Herselman <dhe@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Ceph assimilated configuration - unable to remove item

Quoting David Herselman (dhe@xxxxxxxx):
> Hi,
>
> We assimilated our Ceph configuration to store attributes within Ceph
> itself and subsequently have a minimal configuration file. Whilst this
> works perfectly we are unable to remove configuration entries
> populated by the assimilate-conf command.

I forgot about this issue, but I encountered this when we upgraded to mimic. I can confirm this bug. It's possible to have the same key present with different values. For our production cluster we decided to stick to ceph.conf for the time being. That's also the workaround for now if you want to override the config store: just put that in your config file and reboot the daemon(s).

Gr. Stefan