Re: [object gateway] setting storage class does not move object to correct backing pool?

Hi Casey,

On 12/10/19 3:00 PM, Casey Bodley wrote:

whereas I would expect "git-tree.png" to only reside in the pool tier2-hdd. This gives me the suggestion that I made an error in configuring the storage_class->pool association.

git-tree.png is the 'head' object, which stores the object's attributes (including storage class). Head objects always go in the default storage class of the bucket's placement target, because we have to be able to find them without knowing their storage class. The actual object data gets striped over 'tail' objects, which have funky names with _shadow_ in them, and it's these objects that you see placed correctly in the tier2-hdd pool.

Thanks for the explanation. It seems the documentation on Nautilus is somewhat lacking on these particular intricacies.

Best regards,
Gerdriaan Mulder