Re: High swap usage on one replication node

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 at 00:53, Martin Verges <martin.verges@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Swap is nothing you want to have in a Server as it is very slow and can cause long downtimes.

Given the commentary on this page advocating at least some swap to
enable Linux to manage memory when under pressure:

https://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/unix/NoSwapConsequence

is it worth modifying the advice to at least have some swap available
(even if only say 5% of overall memory)?

There was a hnews thread here but to me it seemed inconclusive about
solving the overall problem (other than applications taking more
responsibility for memory consumption):

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20641551