Re: Multi-site RadosGW with multiple placement targets

Placement targets aren't meant to control whether replication happens. All zones need to provide mappings for any placement targets/storage classes named in the zonegroup. Zones will fail to replicate buckets/objects that they don't have placement rules for, and those failures will be retried until they succeed. If they can't ever succeed, then sync status will always show as behind, replication logs won't be trimmed, and replication in other placement targets will be affected.