ceph cache pool question

I have a question about ceph cache pools as documented on this page:
https://docs.ceph.com/docs/nautilus/dev/cache-pool/

Is the cache pool feature still considered a good idea? Reading some of
the email archives I find some discussion of how this caching is not
recommended anymore, for version=nautilus. Is that correct?

What is my use-case? We are using cephfs, and have a large cephfs pool
of HDD with some NVMe drives for bluestore WAL and DB. Total storage is
2.1 PB. Replication=3. There is also a separate metadata pool, as
required for cephfs.

We have a spare storage server with about 14 TB of NVME drives. Would it
be worthwhile to setup an NVMe cache pool for the main cephfs pool?

Sincerely,
Shawn Kwang
--
Associate Scientist
Center for Gravitation, Cosmology, and Astrophysics