Introducing DeepSpace

Greetings everyone, I wanted to post this notice that we are opening up our Catalog Service and file system extensions for Ceph as an open source project. DeepSpace takes a different approach in that we advocate using standard file systems (pretty much just using xfs at this time) so that the file system acts as a cache for working data and we transparently move things back and for the between the file system and the ceph cluster. We are using Ceph only at the libRADOS layer of the stack.

In the process we add a few notable features:

  • File search across N file systems by name or time

  • File versioning so you never overwrite files and can reverse a ransomeware attack instantly

  • File System synthesis from a dbase query – This is very cool but needs a longer explanation than I want to do here…

  • Automated tape library support so data can flow freely between tape and Ceph.

There is a lot more to cover and we’ll be posting some 600 pages of documentation and demo videos shortly, but in the mean time if you are at the Supercomputer show in Denver this week drop by booth 392 and we’ll be happy to show you more.

Steve Cranage

Principal Architect, Co-Founder

DeepSpace Storage

719-930-6960