Re: Global power failure, OpenStack Nova/libvirt/KVM, and Ceph RBD locks

To clear up a few misconceptions here:

* RBD keyrings should use the "profile rbd" permissions, everything
else is *wrong* and should be fixed asap
* Manually adding the blacklist permission might work but isn't
future-proof, fix the keyring instead
* The suggestion to mount them elsewhere to fix this only works
because "elsewhere" probably has an admin keyring, this is a bad
work-around, fix the keyring instead
* This is unrelated to openstack and will happen with *any* reasonably
configured hypervisor that uses exclusive locking

This problem usually happens after upgrading to Luminous without
reading the change log. The change log tells you to adjust the keyring
permissions accordingly

Paul

--
Paul Emmerich