From: "Shawn Iverson" <iversons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Christian Balzer" <chibi@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "ceph-users" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:30:10 AM
Subject: [ SPAM ]Re: SPAM in the ceph-users list

On another note, the ceph lists might consider munging the from address and implementing SPF/DKIM/DMARC for itself while checking others for DMARC compliance at the MTA level.
I see a lot of ceph-users listserv emails landing my spam box.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:42:23 -0600 Sasha Litvak wrote:

> I am seeing more and more spam on this list.  Recently a strain of messages
> announcing services and businesses in Bangalore for example.

Aside from more stringent checks and subscribing and maybe initial
moderation (all rather labor intensive and a nuisance for real users) as
well as harsher ingress and egress (aka spamfiltering) controls you will
find that all the domains spamvertized are now in the Spamhaus DBL.

"host abbssm.edu.in.dbl.spamhaus.org"

Pro tip for spammers:
Don't get my attention, ever.

Christian
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer
chibi@xxxxxxx           Rakuten Mobile Inc.

Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools