Re: Slow write speed on 3-node cluster with 6* SATA Harddisks (~ 3.5 MB/s)

Hello,

harddisks are awful slow. That's normal and expected and result of random io as it would be in a Ceph cluster.
You can speed up raw bandwidth performance using EC but not on such small clusters and not when having high io load.

As you mentioned Proxmox, when it comes to VM workloads spinning media is never an option, use Flash!

--
Martin Verges
Managing director

Mobile: +49 174 9335695
E-Mail: martin.verges@xxxxxxxx
Chat: https://t.me/MartinVerges

croit GmbH, Freseniusstr. 31h, 81247 Munich
CEO: Martin Verges - VAT-ID: DE310638492
Com. register: Amtsgericht Munich HRB 231263

Web: https://croit.io
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PGE1Bx