Re: Zombie OSD filesystems rise from the grave during bluestore conversion

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 1:32 PM Paul Emmerich <paul.emmerich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's probably the ceph-disk udev script being triggered from
> something somewhere (and a lot of things can trigger that script...)

That makes total sense.

> Work-around: convert everything to ceph-volume simple first by running
> "ceph-volume simple scan" and "ceph-volume simple activate", that will
> disable udev in the intended way.

OK. Is there possibly a more surgical approach?  It's going to take a
really long time to convert the cluster, so we don't want to do
anything global that might cause weirdness if any of the OSD servers
with unconverted OSD's need to be rebooted during the process.

> BTW: you can run destroy before stopping the OSD, you won't need the
> --yes-i-really-mean-it if it's drained in this case

Great, we'll try that!

Thanks!