Re: RGW/swift segments

I’ve verified this is still broken on Nautilus (14.2.4).  The code for deleting a swift object split into segments is correct.  I’m now trying to follow the object expirer code.  It seems it reads the metadata for the lead object (0-bytes in length) and expires that correctly but never understands to look for its associated segments in the metadata.  It could be because these are stored in a different bucket – I’m not sure.  Once the lead object is deleted, the metadata is removed and all the segments are then orphaned.

Is anyone here familiar with the RGWObjectExpirer code who I could confer?

peter

Peter Eisch
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
1.612.659.3228
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
virginpulse.com

virginpulse.com/global-challenge
Australia | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Brazil | Canada | Singapore | Switzerland | United Kingdom | USA
Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for use by the designated recipient(s). Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s), or a person designated as responsible for delivering such messages to the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This e-mail may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Virgin Pulse, Inc. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
v2.64