Re: ceph-ansible / block-db block-wal

I don't use ansible anymore. But this was my config for the host onode1:

./host_vars/onode2.yml:

lvm_volumes:
  - data: /dev/sdb
    db: '1'
    db_vg: host-2-db
  - data: /dev/sdc
    db: '2'
    db_vg: host-2-db
  - data: /dev/sde
    db: '3'
    db_vg: host-2-db
  - data: /dev/sdf
    db: '4'
    db_vg: host-2-db
…

one config file per host. The LVs were created by hand on a PV over RAID1 over two SSDs.
The hosts had empty slots for hdds to be bought later. So I had to "partition" the PV by hand, because ansible uses the whole RAID1 only for the present HDDs.

It is said that only certain sizes of DB & WAL partitions are sensible.
I now use 58GiB LVs.
The remaining space in the RAID1 is used for a faster OSD.

Lars

Wed, 30 Oct 2019 10:02:23 +0000
CUZA Frédéric <frederic.cuza@xxxxxx> ==> "ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :

--
                            Informationstechnologie
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften