Re: iSCSI write performance

On 10/25/2019 03:25 PM, Ryan wrote:
> Can you point me to the directions for the kernel mode iscsi backend. I
> was following these directions
> https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/iscsi-target-cli/

If you just wanted to use the krbd device /dev/rbd$N and export it with
iscsi from a single iscsi target, then you can use targetcli like
described here:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/ch24.html

Instead of /dev/sdb in the example you would just use /dev/rbd$N in the
section "BLOCK (Linux BLOCK devices)".

Maged and SUSE also have a special module but I am not sure where to get
their kernels and manuals. Check out suse and petasan's sites for that.