Re: minimum osd size?

10G should be fine on bluestore the smallest size you can have is about 2GB since LVM takes up about 1GB of space at that size so at that point it most of the disk is taken up with LVM. I have seen/recorded performance benefits in some cases when using small OSD sizes on bluestore instead of larger OSDs. I have a poster outlining the results I have got that can be found https://github.com/GMW99/CephOnRam

Of course, this will be different for a different setup. However, it is worth looking to as there are potentially some good performance gains in there.