Re: Unbalanced data distribution

I agree wrt making the nodes weights uniform.

When mixing drive sizes, be careful that the larger ones don’t run afoul of the pg max — they will receive more pgs than the smaller ones, and if you lose a node that might be enough to send some over the max.   ‘ceph OSD df’ and look at the PG counts.

This can also degrade performance since IO is not spread uniformly.   Primary affinity hops can mitigate somewhat.