Re: rgw multisite failover

On Oct 18, 2019, at 10:40 PM, Frank R <frankaritchie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking to change an RGW multisite deployment so that the secondary will become master. This is meant to be a permanent change.

Per:

I need to:

1. Stop RGW daemons on the current master end.

On a secondary RGW node:
2. radosgw-admin zone modify --rgw-zone={zone-name} --master --default
3. radosgw-admin period update --commit
4. systemctl restart ceph-radosgw@rgw.`hostname -s`

Since I want the former master to be secondary permanently do I need to do anything after restarting the RGW daemons on the old master end?

Before you restart the RGW daemons on the old master you want to make sure you pull the current realm from the new master. Beyond that there should be no changes needed.