New User Question - /etc/ceph/ceph.conf

Hello.

My apologies if this has been asked and answered previously...

I'm just getting started with Ceph, but I will soon deploy a PB+ cluster - likely based on Debian 9 and Luminous (until Mimic is available for Debian).

As I'm working through some of the beginner installation procedures such as

https://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/install/manual-deployment

I'm not seeing much direction to add content to /etc/ceph/ceph.conf.  Yet, all of the services for my initial node seem to start just fine after every reboot.

So, is it that ceph.conf isn't as important in recent releases as it was earlier, or am I missing something?  Is there is a document indicating the purpose and required content of this file that I haven't found yet?

Thanks.

-Dave

--
Dave Hall