Re: Nautilus: PGs stuck remapped+backfilling

Yeah we also noticed decreasing recovery speed if it comes to the last PGs, but we never put up a theory. I think your explanation makes sense. Next time I'll try with much higher values, thanks for sharing that.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Frank Schilder <frans@xxxxxx>:

I did a lot of data movement lately and my observation is, that backfill is very fast (high bandwidth and many thousand keys/s) as long as this is many-to-many OSDs. The number of OSD participating slowly decreases over time until there is only 1 disk left that is written to. This becomes really slow, because the recovery options are for keeping all-to-all under control.

In such a case, you might want to temporarily increase these numbers to something really high (not 10 or 20, but 1000 or 2000; increase in steps) until the single-disk write is over and then set it back again. With SSD this should be OK.

Best regards,

Frank Schilder
AIT Risø Campus
Bygning 109, rum S14