Re: CephFS no permissions for subdir

then the client has read permissions to path=/ABC.

This is because of "mds 'allow r, allow rws ...". Remove the 'allow r' caps from mds section and then the client only gets read permissions to the specified paths.

It is for being able to make snapshots in cephfs (not rgw or rbd). I get no error in nautilus.

You're right, I was in the wrong lab cluster.

Zitat von Lars Täuber <taeuber@xxxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

Wed, 09 Oct 2019 08:44:28 +0000
Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> ==> ceph-users@xxxxxxx :
Hi,

> I'd tried to make this:
> ceph auth caps client.XYZ mon 'allow r' mds 'allow r, allow rws
> path=/XYZ, allow path=/ABC' osd 'allow rw pool=cephfs_data'

do you want to remove all permissions from path "/ABC"? If so you
should simply remove that from the command:

> ceph auth caps client.XYZ mon 'allow r' mds 'allow r, allow rwx
> path=/XYZ' osd 'allow rw pool=cephfs_data'

then the client has read permissions to path=/ABC.

I'm not aware of a 'rws' capability, using that also leads to an
error. You should either set 'rw' or 'rwx' (or maybe it was just a
typo?).

It is for being able to make snapshots in cephfs (not rgw or rbd). I get no error in nautilus.

Thanks,
Lars