Re: CephFS exposing public storage network

On 10/7/19 6:06 PM, Jaan Vaks wrote:
I'm evaluation cephfs to serve our business as a file share that span across our 3 datacenters. One concern that I have is that when using cephfs and OpenStack Manila is that all guest vms needs access to the public storage net. This to me feels like a security concern. I've seen one suggestion is to put NFS gateways in between to prevent this, I would prefer not having to use NFS. Is there another way to solve this or is this a no concern to others, both the network and NFS? We are a small cloud provider and having different customers exposed to each other on the same storage net seems risky to me.

Put samba vfs over CephFS. And manage your clients, networks, etc.