Re: Need advice with setup planning

Hi,

In the case of three ceph hosts, you could also consider this setup:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Full_Mesh_Network_for_Ceph_Server

This only requires that you have two 10G nics on each machine. Plus an extra 1G for 'regular' non-ceph traffic.

That way at least your ceph comms would be 10G, since 1G is surely going to be a bottleneck.

We are running the above setup. No problems. Only issue is: adding a fourth node will be relatively intrusive.

MJ