RGW: realm reloader and slow requests

Hello,

We recently upgraded from Luminous to Nautilus, after the upgrade, we are seeing this sporadic "lock-up" behavior on the RGW side.

What I noticed from the log is that it seems to coincide with rgw realm reloader.  What we are seeing is that realm reloader tries to pause frontends, and the last request will take 1 minute or 2 at worst cases, and for that time period RGW is completely locked up, unable to take new requests.

1.  Is this an expected behavior?

2.  is there a way to disable "rgw realm reloader" or reduce frequency? We are not using multi-site feature and we don't change our realm at all.

Thanks!