Re: 14.2.4 Packages Avaliable

Hello,

>> Have just noticed their is packages available for 14.2.4..
>>
>> I know with the whole 14.2.3 release and the notes not going out to a good day or so later.. but this is not long after the 14.2.3 release..?
>>
>> Was this release even meant to have come out? Makes it difficult for people installing a new node if they can't reply on the current "stable"
>> packages that apt/yum will give them.
>

> Never install packages until there is an announcement.
>
> IIRC developers have asked if anyone have experience with running repos that could assist in improving the rollout of releases since this have
> been a recurring issue.
>
> If you need to do installs all the time, and can not postpone until the repo settle. Consider rsyncing the repo after a release, and use that
> for installs.

That does not make sense. If a package is available on the repo and can be installed or update directly with apt or yum, it has to be the final
release package, any other statement must be flagged as RC or beta. Why don't you add RC flags on this package if it's not ready to publish?

I plan to install a new cluster with ceph-ansible, I don't have to take care of the release number as soon as it's the latest package available
on the official stable repo. Even on a short period, an « almost ready but not  completely full tested » packages can really have an impact on
production servers, especially if not announce previously.

Best regards,

--
Yoann Moulin
EPFL IC-IT