Re: ceph's replicas question

So can you do it.

Yes you can.

Should you do it is the bigger question.

So my first question would be what type of drives are you using? Enterprise class drives with a low failure rate?

Then you have to ask yourself are you feeling lucky?

If you do a scrub and 1 drive returns 1 value and another drive returns another value which one is correct?

What happens should you have a drive failure and you have any other error? A node failure? Another disk failure? A disk read error? All of these could mean data loss.

How important is the data you are storing and do you have a backup of it as you will need that backup at some point.

Darren

Sent from my iPhone