Re: Watch a RADOS object for changes, specifically iscsi gateway.conf object

On 8/22/19 9:38 PM, Wesley Dillingham wrote:

> I am interested in keeping a revision history of ceph-iscsi's
> gateway.conf object for any and all changes. It seems to me this may
> come in handy to revert the environment to a previous state. My question
> is are there any existing tools which do similar or could someone please
> suggest, if they exist, libraries or code examples (ideally python)
> which may further me in this goal.
>
> The RADOS man page has the ability to "*listwatchers" so I believe this
> is **achievable**. Thanks in advance. *

This is how ceph-iscsi seems to be doing it, by polling the config
object's epoch:

https://github.com/ceph/ceph-iscsi/blob/master/rbd-target-api.py#L2673

NFS Ganesha (C code) seems to be using a watch:

https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha/blob/next/src/config_parsing/conf_url_rados.c#L375

Not sure if that interface is available via the Python bindings as well
- this might be more effective than polling...

Lenz

--
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg
GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 247165 (AG Nürnberg)