Re: radosgw pegging down 5 CPU cores when no data is being transferred

On 8/21/19 10:22 AM, Mark Nelson wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>

> On 8/21/19 8:54 AM, Vladimir Brik wrote:
>> Hello

[much elided]

> You might want to try grabbing a a callgraph from perf instead of just
> running perf top or using my wallclock profiler to see if you can drill
> down and find out where in that method it's spending the most time.

I agree with Mark -- a call graph would be very helpful in tracking down
what's happening.

There are background tasks that run. Are you running multisite? Do you
have dynamic bucket resharding turned on? Are you using lifecycle? And
garbage collection is another background task.

And just to be clear -- sometimes all 3 of your rados gateways are
simultaneously in this state?

But the call graph would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you,

Eric

--
J. Eric Ivancich