Re: CEPH Cluster Backup - Options on my solution

On 17.08.2019 13:31, Mike O'Connor wrote:
[SNIP script]

Hi mike

When looking for backup solutions, did you come across benji [1][2]
and the orginal backy2 [3][4] solutions ?
I have been running benji for a while now, and it seems solid. I use a
second cluster as storage, but it does support S3 and encryption as well.

just wondering if you had any experience you could share that excluded
these options, and make you aware of them if you did not.
Hi Ronny

Installed backy2 but it uses local storage, at least for a period of time.

When I found it was taking up all my root disk space I had to stop it.

I have not tried benji, as I assumed it used the same methods.

Cheers

Mike

that is why i used benji as well. it supports file, s3 and b2

Ronny