Re: CephFS snapshot for backup & disaster recovery

On 2019-08-04T13:27:00, Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running a single-host Ceph cluster for CephFS and I'd like to keep
> backups in Amazon S3 for disaster recovery. Is there a simple way to
> extract a CephFS snapshot as a single file and/or to create a file that
> represents the incremental difference between two snapshots?

You could either use rclone to sync your CephFS to S3.

rsync can build the latter - see write-batch and only-write-batch
options.

(Unfortunately, there's not yet CephFS support for building the diff
between snapshots quickly, this will do a full fs scan, even though it
takes advantage of the mtime/ctime obviously.)

You could also use something like duplicity to run a regular incremental
backup.

--
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Mary Higgins, Sri Rasiah, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
"Architects should open possibilities and not determine everything." (Ueli Zbinden)