Blacklisting during boot storm

Hi list,

Yesterday afternoon we experienced a compute node outage in our OpenStack (obviously Ceph backed) cluster.

We tried to (re)start compute instances again as fast as possible, resulting in some KVM/RBD clients getting blacklisted. The problem was spotted very quickly so we could remove the listing at once while the cluster was coping fine with the boot storm.

Question: what can we do to prevent the blacklisting? Or, does it make sense to completely disable the mechanism (doesn't feel right) or maybe configure it differently?

Thanks!

Regards,
Kees

--
https://nefos.nl/contact

Nefos IT bv
Ambachtsweg 25 (industrienummer 4217)
5627 BZ Eindhoven
Nederland

KvK 66494931

Aanwezig op maandag, dinsdag, woensdag en vrijdag