Re: Adventures with large RGW buckets [EXT]

A few interleaved responses below....

On 8/1/19 10:20 AM, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 31/07/2019 19:02, Paul Emmerich wrote:
>
> Some interesting points here, thanks for raising them :)

> We've had some problems with large buckets (from around the 70Mobject
> mark).
>
> One you don't mention is that multipart uploads break during resharding
> - so if our users are filling up a bucket with many writers uploading
> multipart objects, some of these will fail (rather than blocking) when
> the bucket is resharded.

Is there a tracker for that already? If not, would you mind adding one?

> We've also seen bucket deletion via radosgw-admin failing because of
> oddities in the bucket itself (e.g. missing shadow objects, omap objects
> that still exist when the related object is gone); sorting that was a
> bit fiddly (with some help from Canonical, who I think are working on
> patches).

There was a recently merged PR that addressed bucket deletion with
missing shadow objects:

    https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/40590

Thank you for reporting your experience w/ rgw,

Eric

--
J. Eric Ivancich
he/him/his