Re: Balancer in HEALTH_ERR

Hi Eric,

CEPH006 is the node that we’re evacuating , for that task we added CEPH005.

Thanks

De: Smith, Eric <Eric.Smith@xxxxxxxx>
Enviado el: jueves, 1 de agosto de 2019 20:12
Para: EDH - Manuel Rios Fernandez <mriosfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: Balancer in HEALTH_ERR

From your pastebin data – it appears you need to change the crush weight of the OSDs on CEPH006? They all have crush weight of 0, when other OSDs seem to have a crush weight of 10.91309. You might look into the ceph osd crush reweight-subtree command.

Eric

From: ceph-users <ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of EDH - Manuel Rios Fernandez <mriosfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 1:52 PM
To: "ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Balancer in HEALTH_ERR

Hi ,

Two weeks ago, we started a data migration from one old ceph node to a new one.

For task we added a 120TB Host to the cluster and evacuated the old one with the ceph osd crush reweight osd.X 0.0 that move near 15 TB per day.

After 1 week and few days we found that balancer module don’t work fine under this situacion it don’t distribute data between OSD if cluster is not HEALTH status.

The current situation , some osd are at 96% and others at 75% , causing some pools get very nearfull 99%.

I read several post about balancer only works in HEALHTY mode and that’s the problem, because ceph don’t distribute the data equal between OSD in native mode, causing in the scenario of “Evacuate+Add” huge problems.

Info: https://pastebin.com/HuEt5Ukn

Right now for solve we are manually change weight of most used osd.

Anyone more got this problem?

Regards

Manuel