Re: Urgent Help Needed (regarding rbd cache)

Thanks Paul and Janne

Your email has cleared many things to me. Let me repeat my understanding. Every Critical data (Like Oracle/Any Other DB) writes will be done with sync, fsync flags, meaning they will be only confirmed to DB/APP after it is actually written to Hard drives/OSD's. Any other application can do it also.
All other writes, like OS logs etc will be confirmed immediately to app/user but later on written  passing through kernel, RBD Cache, Physical drive Cache (If any)  and then to disks. These are susceptible to power-failure-loss but overall things are recoverable/non-critical.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct. Best Regards.

Muhammad Junaid