Bucket index resharding in the multisite environment

Hi all,

I am trying to collect information about index resharding of replicated
buckets in the multisite rgw environment.

Both my (master and secondary) clusters are v13.2.6 Mimic

After many tests I found a working solution (like below):

 1) disable bucket synchronization on master zone
 [root@master]# radosgw-admin bucket sync disable --bucket=bucket1

 2) wait for the metadata to propagate on each zone
 [root@master]# radosgw-admin bucket sync status --bucket=bucket1
   Sync is disabled for bucket bucket1

 [root@secondary]# radosgw-admin bucket sync status --bucket=bucket1
   Sync is disabled for bucket bucket1

 3) purge bucket on (each) secondary zone
 [root@secondary]# radosgw-admin bucket rm --purge-objects --
bucket=bucket1

 4) reshard bucket on master zone
 [root@master]# radosgw-admin bucket reshard --bucket=bucket1 --num-
shards=8

 5) wait for the metadata to propagate on each zone (the same bucket
instance id on each site)

 6) enable bucket synchronization on master zone
 [root@master]# radosgw-admin bucket sync enable --bucket=bucket1

I based on the following articles:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_ceph_storage/3/html-single/object_gateway_guide_for_red_hat_enterprise_linux/index#manually-resharding-buckets-with-multisite-rgw

https://cloud.tencent.com/developer/article/1423086

The biggest disadvantages are:
 - Possible long time of bucket removal on the secondary zones (time
between points 3 and 4)
 - At the end, all the files of bucket are synchronized from scratch

Is there any (refreshed) recommended procedure of "bucket index
resharding" in multisite environment?
Is it possible to reshard bucket index without removing bucket on
secondary zone?

Best regards,
PO