Re: MDS / CephFS behaviour with unusual directory layout

Ok, great. Some numbers for you:
I have a filesystem of 50 million files, 5.4 TB.
The data pool is on HDD OSDs with Optane DB/WAL, size=3.
The metadata pool (Optane OSDs) has 17GiB "stored", 20GiB "used", at
size=3. 5.18M objects.
When doing parallel rsyncs, with ~14M inodes open, the MDS cache goes
to about 40GiB but it remains stable. MDS CPU usage goes to about 400%
(4 cores worth, spread across 6-8 processes). Hope you find this
useful.